Thursday, March 08, 2007

Ugly

U-G-L-Y. Only one word needed to describe how Arizona looked Thursday against Oregon. And it wasn't the new uniforms.

The Wildcats couldn't get anything to go down, and couldn't keep Oregon from scoring. The Ducks destroyed Arizona's defense with constant dribble penetration, and spot-on shooting. Aaron Brooks looked unstoppable. Ivan Radenovic, Mustafa Shakur and Chase Budinger had an insignificant impact on the game.

I wouldn't say I'm worried about how Arizona played today. I would say I'm disheartened; I thought the Wildcats would come out with focused intensity. Frankly they were outplayed by a quicker, more relaxed Oregon team.

Arizona will make the NCAA Tournament, but they're probably looking at an 8 or 9 seed. If they make it out of the first round they'll be looking at a match-up with the number one seed. Yikes.

Let's hope for an 8 seed. I wanna see what the new white uni's look like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home