Saturday, October 28, 2006

What to do, what to do...

Not an even field
to be on
feels like standing still
for eons and eons
stare it dead in the eye
what now?
all we can do is try
to shut it down
shut it down
-311

I might need a break from Arizona football this weekend as badly as the Wildcats do. The bye week will give them extra time to get healthy and prepare for Washington State.

The weekend is not lost, though. Having grown up in New Jersey, I'm excited about Rutgers v. Connecticut. But I have to admit, I haven't had this much interest in RU football since...well, ever.

Rutgers is a great example of where Arizona could be in a few years. My dad used to take my brother and I to RU games when we were little. They sucked. Then Rutgers hired Greg Schiano in 2000. He, not unlike Mike Stoops, was expected to turn a struggling program into a winner. His first winning season didn't come until 2005; the Scarlet Knights played Arizona State in their first bowl game since 1978.

This season Rutgers is 7-0, and ranked #16 in both the AP and USA Today polls. So, like Rutgers was with first time head coach Schiano, we're just going to have to be a little more patient with Stoops.

For those of you who need your weekly fix of Wildcat football, here's a little highlight clip from last season to tide you over:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home